[alsa-devel] static /dev configuration

Bob Tracy rct at gherkin.frus.com
Mon Mar 19 13:20:38 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 09:22:43AM +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Bob Tracy wrote:
> > Does ALSA now require dynamic devices (udev)
>
> It does if the kernel is compiled with CONFIG_SND_DYNAMIC_MINORS.

SND_HDA_CODEC_HDMI forces SND_DYNAMIC_MINORS :-(.

SND_HDA_CODEC_HDMI --> "Build HDMI/DisplayPort HD-audio codec support"
    Say Y here to include HDMI and DisplayPort HD-audio codec
    support in snd-hda-intel driver.  This includes all AMD/ATI,
    Intel and Nvidia HDMI/DisplayPort codecs.

I knew I didn't explicitly select SND_DYNAMIC_MINORS...  Thanks for the
pointer.

--Bob