[alsa-devel] Internal speaker output from Sony Vaio Z (2010 model) lost somewhere between 3.1.0 and 3.2.6

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 06:11:48 CET 2012

2012/3/17, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>:
> On Sat, 2012-03-17 at 11:10 +0800, Raymond Yau wrote:

>> > I don't _think_ so. AFAICS it only has two jacks - one
>> > headphone/speaker, one mic. There's no third jack anywhere that I can
>> > see.
>> > --
>>
>> you may need to use hda-analyzer to find out which ext mic is correct ?
>
> I don't really care about the microphone socket. I just want the
> speakers to work. Or is it important for me to figure that out?

The auto parser also provide auto mic detection,  external mic is used
automatically selected.when you have one ext mic and one int mic.

you need a pin fixup or early patch to remove this redundant jack

Since the two mic jacks are capable of retasking as output jacks

This change the logic of auto mic detection.for those laptop with
three/four audio jacks which support surround51/surround71