[alsa-devel] ASoC:Question rate constraint between the dais

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Mar 16 20:25:16 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 05:28:13PM -0400, Trent Piepho wrote:

> There is a race when the constraints change dynamically.  See the
> fsl_ssi.c driver and the sample size constraint in synchronous mode.

This is just a limitation of the ALSA ABI - there's nothing we can do
about it without changing the userspace interface so we just have to
live with it and error out if an application ever manages to hit the
race and pick something incompatible with other active streams (note
that the symmetric rates support has a dev_warn() complaining about
hitting the race).