[alsa-devel] sending a sequencer event to a delayed queue

Henning Thielemann alsa at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Mar 14 18:37:54 CET 2012

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012, Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> I'd suggest to use one queue for both kinds of events, and to add the
> delay to the scheduled time.  To remove certain events, use
> snd_seq_remove_events().

Hm, I am thinking about how to make use of snd_seq_remove_events in my
application. It's sad that I cannot find out what events I have actually
removed. It would be bad if e.g. a NoteOff gets lost and thus a tone is
played forever. It would be great if I could find out pending events in
the queue (in the kernel space). Then I could fetch them and re-send them
immediately, when the user stops my sequencer.
  Unfortunately snd_seq_extract_output only fetches events from the user
buffer. Is there a snd_seq_extract_output for drained messages?

Regards,
Henning