[alsa-devel] Random process lockup on ARM board: alsa-lib-1.0.25, FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE

Jonathan Andrews jon at jonshouse.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 16:14:50 CET 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 15:35 +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Jonathan Andrews wrote:
> > Getting closer, alsalib now builds without the need for pthreads but
> > seems to insist on dlopen dlclose even in static lib ?
>
> Add --without-libdl.

Ok, that fixed it thanks.

A couple of comments.

1) A lot of my trouble was this :
configure.in:15: error: Autoconf version 2.62 or higher is required

If autoconf exists, is executed,  but does not complete should configure
not exit with an error ?

I checked the output of the configure/make carefully. Autoconf was
silently failing, gives no clues at all. As the datetime is in the
binary created each library had a unique file hash so I (reasonably)
assumed it to be doing the job :-(

2)  "Add --without-libdl",
   ok ... should "--static" not turn this on then ?

Thanks,
Jon