[alsa-devel] Random process lockup on ARM board: alsa-lib-1.0.25, FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE

Jonathan Andrews jon at jonshouse.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 14:04:41 CET 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 12:43 +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Jonathan Andrews wrote:
> >>
> >> They look correct.
> >
> > Tried to compile my application, still fails asking for pthreads.
>
> The configure.in file contains the patch, but the generated configure
> script does not have it (although its time stamp is newer).
> Please ensure that you've run autoconf (although make should do this
> automatically).
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

aclocal.m4:16: warning: this file was generated for autoconf 2.68.
You have another version of autoconf.  It may work, but is not
guaranteed to.
If you have problems, you may need to regenerate the build system
entirely.
To do so, use the procedure documented by the package, typically
`autoreconf'.
configure.in:15: error: Autoconf version 2.62 or higher is required
aclocal.m4:6823: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is expanded from...
configure.in:15: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 63

Thanks for finding that, seems its a version problem.  My machine has
version 2.61

Upgrading now.

Thanks,
Jon