[alsa-devel] ASOC - Codecs : Renaming of spdif_tranceiver.c

Nitin PAI nitinmpai at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:28:56 CET 2012

>You can add debugfs information to dump the capabilities and whatnot if
>>that's useful to you...
If the cards are not enumerated all these dont make any sense.

>>You'd still need to do things like set up the clocking even
>>for the SoC loopback case, everything is going to need to agree on where
>>the clocks come from and how they flow.
Clocks need not come from the codec, it can come from on of the other
masters in the system.

>>Honestly it just sounds like you want to write some machine drivers for
>>your systems.
Yes, thats the purpose, but I want to ship them to for the reasons I
mentioned above.
Since the enumeration of the machine driver depends on the linkage with the
codec driver its not possible for me to write.
I wish that the spdif_tranceiver was written for more generalized cases and
not just spdif.

Thanks,
--Nitin