[alsa-devel] HDA intel, wired headset w/mic, jack mic detect

Kevin Hilman khilman at ti.com
Tue Mar 6 21:25:12 CET 2012

Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> writes:

> At Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:28:12 +0800,
> Raymond Yau wrote:

>> > Do any of the hda tools allow me to tweak this from userspace?
>> >

>> you should ask Takarshi as he added this patch, he may know whether
>> cs4206 support the above feature
>>
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git;a=commitdiff;h=40c20fa05a29766565f56ede17d0ffa539e1c9a9;hp=ea35929b886975a240660b3ba6c61826761731ad
>
> You can play with hda-emu to send vendor-specific COEF, as found in
> the commit above.  But it's at your own risk; the patch I made is just
> a translation from other information I've got from Cirrus at that
> time.

Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with audio codecs, and am finding
that undersanding the verbs and and sending the right ones with the
right coef (and finding out what was actually written) seems to be a bit
out of my league.

If someone can suggest what to try with hda-emu, I'm willing, but
otherwise I guess I have to opt for an external USB audio adapater for
the headset. :(

Kevin