[alsa-devel] [bug?, 3.1 -> 3.2.7 regression] ALC269 (ThinkPad L412): auto-mute mode disabled by default

Jonathan Nieder jrnieder at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:40:30 CET 2012

Hi Takashi et al,

Pavel Yakunin wrote[1]:

> There is a problem with a headphones jack detection in the 3.2 kernel for the ALC269 codec:
> sound comes from both speaker and headphones simultaneously and never switches between them.
>
> The problem arised when I upgraded my system to the 3.2 kernel, and when I rolled back to the 3.1
> kernel, everything was ok.

It turned out to be due to the auto-mute mode control, which is
present on this model in 3.2 and not 3.1, being disabled by default.

> On 2012-03-05 05:16, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

>> One more test: if you run "alsactl init" as root, does the auto-mute
>> mode control end up enabled or disabled?
[...]
> It ends up disabled.

Versions tested:

 3.1.y - auto-mute works, no auto-mute control present
 3.2.y - auto-mute disabled by default but control works
 sound/for-next as of 2012-03-03 - likewise

Is this behavior intended?

More details, including alsa-info.sh logs, at [1].

Thanks,
Jonathan

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/661830