[alsa-devel] Support new HDA codec

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Mar 5 13:16:18 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 10:44:23AM +0100, Jorge Fernandez Monteagudo wrote:

> Attached it's the patch applied to alsa 1.0.23. A new patch_wolfson.c file
> is created. I would like to note that no Wolfson support was received to
> develop to this code, and this code is useful for us because we only need

Hrm, that's not strictly accurate - we didn't help with the code but I
know there's been some help (possibly via the distributor).

> the outputs differential and SPDIF. This code must be revisited in order to
> support the different inputs, the stereo normal output and the I/O.

Looking at the code it seems like most of this is things that I'd really
expect the generic driver to be able to cope with assuming a suitable
BIOS setup, but looking at the generic driver it seems like it might
need some enhancement to do so.  Things like the S/PIDF output should
really be able to Just Work.  Hrm.