[alsa-devel] [RFC 4/7] ASoC: Add dmaengine PCM helper functions

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Mar 2 14:59:59 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:49:08AM +0100, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
> This patch adds a set of functions which are intended to be used when
> implementing a dmaengine based sound PCM driver.

Having this framework is a substantial win and I got bored waiting for
the repost of this and the subsequent patches (especially given that the
merge window is drawing nearer).  Since the fix for ep93xx is so simple
and it works on i.MX I went ahead and applied everything except the
ep93xx conversion.  Thanks!

Please resend the ep93xx conversion along with the tweak to the core so
we can get that working.  It would also be good to update FSI to use
this library as it's also using dmaengine (the patch having been merged
just before this one it got missed in the updates I expect).