[alsa-devel] Configuring an audio path within ALSA

Patrick Lai plai at codeaurora.org
Tue Jun 26 04:56:34 CEST 2012

On 6/25/2012 5:26 AM, rashmi narayan wrote:
> Dear ALSA Folks,
>
> I am a newbie to ALSA .I am trying to configure a path within the driver to
> open up /power up the path within the codec from MIC-IN to LineOUT. How can
> I do this within ALSA. Please send me some pointers.

If your CODEC driver is written to plug into ASoC framework, ASoC
dynamic audio power management(DAPM) will be able to link MIC-IN to
Lineout. After a set of ALSA mixer commands is issued to create a path
from one end point to another end point, DAPM will kick in and enable
the path according to widgets and audio routing map defined in the
CODEC driver.