[alsa-devel] snd-usb endpoint rework

Aurélien Leblond blablack at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:29:00 CEST 2012

Hi Daniel,

After the last reinstalling my laptop one last time, I cannot
reproduce the issue anymore.
Kernel 3.2.16 from Ubuntu compile with the Alsa drivers from GIT and
Kernel 3.4 RC7. I have been playing music all day today without any
issues.

The 3 big differences I have compared to my previous install are:
- I used to have the RT_GROUP_SCHED option deactivated in my kernel to
be able to run jack with runtime. I don't seem to need it now in
Ubuntu 12.04.
- I used to install the Ubuntu Proposed Updates (those are untested
packages), I didn't this time for sake of stability.
- I used to use the kernel .config file from the Ubuntu LowLatency
kernel as my base. This time I used the .config of the generic kernel.

To be honest, now that my pc is working, I wouldn't change a thing :)
But if you would like me to test the 3 points above and to try and
find what the problem was in the first place, let me know,

Regards,
Aurélien