[alsa-devel] Alsa: USB Class 2 Audio soundcard device disappears suddenly

Joao Bonina bonina_2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 00:32:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm using an USB Class 2 Audio DAC (basically a soundcard) with my Linux box and MPD software.

It works great when playing files stored in a remote share, but when
playing files from an USB pen, it stops playing in a few minutes.

Mpd.log shows this:

Code:
Jul 30 13:03 : output: "USB" [alsa] failed to play: No such device
Jul 30 13:03 : output: closed plugin=alsa name="USB"
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1401:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
Jul 30 13:03 : output: Failed to open "USB" [alsa]: Failed to open ALSA device "hw:0,0": No such file or directoryIt seems to be somewhat related to the USB bus not being able to
cope with both PCM streaming to the soundcard and reading from the flash pen simultaneously, I guess.

So, anybody faced this issue previously and can provide some hints to solve this?

MPD is 0.17, kernel is 3.2.17, alsa-utils is 1.0.25.