[alsa-devel] Crash when probing imx_mc13783

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Jul 26 22:19:44 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 05:15:52PM +0100, Lee Jones wrote:

> The patch is apparently not correct (although, I do see a place for
> it). The problem is that unless your code populates

No, really.  There's no place for it.  Think about what it does - it
takes the code that sets up the shared I/O accessors and changes it so
that if the code is explicitly asked to set up regmap accessors it might
just ignore that and not tell anyone.  Clearly this is not a good idea,
this code has a simple job to do and you're making it more fragile and
obscure.

That change is clearly working at the wrong abstraction layer.