[alsa-devel] virtual sound driver

Liu, George yueliu at lab126.com
Tue Jul 24 02:15:02 CEST 2012

I installed aloop driver, and selected it as the default Audio input and output device.

Then, I played a pcm file while also started recording (using the sound recorder in Ubuntu 11.04). I'm expected to record what I'm playing, but there's no sound in the captured wav file.
Did I do anything wrong?

I want to use aloop or dummy driver as the starting point to write my own driver.
Thanks for helping me out.
George