[alsa-devel] Declaring HDMI channel allocation to kernel

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 16:18:37 CEST 2012

Is there an established way for me (from userspace) to pass the HDMI
Channel Allocation (1 byte) to the driver?  If not, can you recommend an
approach?

In most of the drivers that I've inspected, the drivers seem to assume
that there's a 1:1 mapping of Number-of-Channels to Channel-Allocation.
  However, the HDMI sink declares which speakers it has attached in the
EDID.  If I can match this in userspace... I need a way to communicate
it to the driver.

-gabriel