[alsa-devel] gitcompile fails

Brand, Mark (Mr) (Summerstrand Campus South) Mark.Brand at nmmu.ac.za
Fri Jul 20 12:30:29 CEST 2012

Fresh (yesterday?) git clones of alsa-driver and alsa-kmirror produce a ./gitcompile failure for me:

copying file alsa-kernel/pci/hda/hda_beep.c
patching file hda_beep.c
Hunk #2 succeeded at 96 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 124 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 142 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 164 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #6 FAILED at 282.
1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file hda_beep.c.rej
make[2]: *** [hda_beep.c] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mark/workspace/alsa-driver/pci/hda'
make[1]: *** [prepare] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mark/workspace/alsa-driver/pci'
make: *** [dep] Error 1

My best guess is that there is a version mismatch between the alsa-kernel/pci/hda/hda_beep.c (linked to alsa-kmirror) and pci/hda/hda_beep.patch files, since the patch seems to refer to a non-existent line-number in my source.  Any suggestions will be much appreciated, thank you.

Mark Brand.