[alsa-devel] [regression] ALSA: hda - Handle open while transitioning to D3.

Dylan Reid dgreid at chromium.org
Thu Jul 19 08:44:24 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Oleksij Rempel (fishor)
<bug-track at fisher-privat.net> wrote:
> On 17.07.2012 07:26, Dylan Reid wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Oleksij Rempel (fishor)
>> <bug-track at fisher-privat.net> wrote:
>>> dmesg is in attachment
>> Thanks Oleksij,
>> I didn't get much from that though.  What is your powersave timeout
>> set to?
> I do not know, it should be some default value.
>>  If you have time could you try adding the following and send
>> me the output, I have two guesses about where it is spending it's time
>> (no guesses about why yet though).  I've got a couple of systems with
>> a 269, I'll try to get some tests run on those tomorrow.
> result is attached.
Great, thanks Oleksij,

I tried this on an ACER AC700 which also has the ALC269VB and could
not get anything like this to happen.  So I'm sorry to keep bothering
you for more information.  I attached the alsa-info.sh output, if you
see any interesting differences let me know.

>From the output it looks like something is opening the driver about
three times a second, do you know what is doing that?  It appears to
be doing what it should be in this case, although it is a little hard
to tell.  If you could strace the process doing all the opens that
might provide some good info.

Thanks again for the help.