[alsa-devel] 3.4.4: Oops in snd_hda_codec_realtek (alc_auto_create_multi_out_ctls)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Jul 17 14:25:56 CEST 2012

At Mon, 9 Jul 2012 13:40:09 -0600,
Robert Hancock wrote:

> I've got a sort of industrial portable PC that uses a Supermicro C2SBX
> motherboard. Running an RHEL6 kernel (2.6.32-ish) it works fine, but
> if I run a 3.4.4 kernel (using the kernel-ml builds provided by ELRepo
> for RHEL6) it blows up on boot inside snd_hda_codec_realtek. Below is
> the dmesg output from bootup up to the oops, after I blacklisted
> snd_hda_intel from auto-loading and then manually modprobed it. Is
> this a known problem?

I don't know of this issue, so need to check more.
Could you load snd-hda-intel module with probe_only=1 option, and run
alsa-info.sh with --no-upload option and give the output?
Then I can try the emulator to see what's wrong.

Also, of course, testing a newer kernel like 3.5-rc7 would be helpful,
too.

thanks,