[alsa-devel] Status of USB audio class 2 drivers in ALSA

Anand Joseph joseph.anand at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 23:03:34 CEST 2012

I am working on building a multi-channel USB audio device using the
PIC32MX2 series with dual WM8731 audio codecs. The goal is a low cost
4 channel USB audio device. While this might not be the best
combination for
multi-channel audio, I do not have a better solution as the XMOS
series is not easily available in India. I would like to know the
status of USB audio class 2 support in ALSA and is there anyway I can
contribute. I did go through the USB specifications for audio class 2
devices, but an idea of the implementation in ALSA would help in
writing the firmware.

Regards,

Anand