[alsa-devel] [regression] ALSA: hda - Handle open while transitioning to D3.

Dylan Reid dgreid at chromium.org
Sat Jul 14 11:21:28 CEST 2012

On Jul 13, 2012 11:01 PM, "Oleksij Rempel (fishor)" <
bug-track at fisher-privat.net> wrote:

> Hallo Dylan, Takashi,
>
> I have regression after patch b4a91cf05c3 "ALSA: hda - Handle open while
transitioning to D3."

> This regression i can reproduce only if my laptop works on batteries.
After this patch it needs almost 1 minute more to start. The login screen
usually plays start sound, but after this patch it wait until sound card is
ready.

> My hardware: asus zenbook ux31e.
>
> Codec: Realtek ALC269VB
>
> 00:1b.0 0403: 8086:1c20 (rev 05)
>         Subsystem: 1043:1427
>         Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
>         Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
>         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 50
>         Region 0: Memory at dfe00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
>         Capabilities: <access denied>
>         Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
>         Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

Could you enable config_snd_debug and send the output during startup?  I'm
actually using the same codec on one of our systems.

Thanks for testing.

Dylan