[alsa-devel] arm system wide sram support

Hebbar, Gururaja gururaja.hebbar at ti.com
Fri Jul 13 11:55:11 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have started working on Audio support for TI AM335x SOC.
It uses the same McASP IP as in Davinci platform.

The mcasp driver (davinci-pcm) uses SRAM api's.
Currently OMAP & Davinci have their own allocation systems, and both with
their own ways of copying functions into the SRAM.

A Patch was floating in the ML which supported merging this functionality
as a unified consolidated sram support.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/961222/

However I believe the patch was not accepted and I couldn't find any
updates on it later.

Can someone give me some pointers about the status for this patch or
If there has been any update on this?

Is anyone working on this consolidation?

Thanks & Regards
Gururaja