[alsa-devel] When will Realtek High-Defintion audio codec ALC282 be supported?

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Jul 12 08:33:14 CEST 2012

On 07/12/2012 04:57 AM, Lin, Mengdong wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Do you have any plan to support ALC282? Could you give any comments?
>
> And could you or anyone share me the codec id/datasheet of ALC282? So I can try to configure it to share old driver of ALC2XX as you did for ALC280.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/stable@vger.kernel.org/msg10752.html
>
> Thanks
> Mengdong

Hello Mengdong,

I know just as little as you do about Realtek ALC282. Chances are that
Realtek haven't changed the codec much compared to ALC280, and then just
another line next to the ALC280 would do just fine:

{ .id = 0x10ec0282, .name = "ALC282", .patch = patch_alc269 },

But I don't think Takashi would add such a line to the kernel without
somebody testing that it actually works.
If you have the hardware available, you can try the above line, see if
it works, and report back together with alsa-info for the affected system.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic