[alsa-devel] then there was "overrun" occue every time once trigger the audio recording

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Fri Jul 6 09:17:29 CEST 2012

(please configure your mailer to wrap lines)

Zhen Fu wrote:
> When I use arecord command, then there was "overrun" occue every time
> once trigger the audio recording.  I have no clue of alsa driver when
> and how handler xrun. In other words, how to understand function
> snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0 in pcm_lib.c.

It behaves pretty much the same for playback and capture, so I refer
the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave some moments ago.

If you want a more specific answer, it might be a good idea not to
keep the hardware and your driver source code a secret.

Regards,
Clemens