[alsa-devel] How to handle parameter variation across different boards but same platform

Hebbar, Gururaja gururaja.hebbar at ti.com
Wed Jul 4 15:43:12 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 18:47:50, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 12:45:03PM +0000, Hebbar, Gururaja wrote:
>
> You should fix your mailer to word wrap at less than 80 columns.

Sorry. Stupid outlook. Will take care of it manually.

> > Using machine_is_xxx() is not sufficient because there are 2 other
> > boards on same Platform/machine but with different values.
>
> > So, how to specify these parameters for the new board?
>
> What do you mean by "board"?  If these are plugin modules for your
> platform you need to either identify this at runtime and register a
> different machine driver or select at compile time.

By board I mean a new development board.

New board
sysclk = 24MHz
codec_name = "tlv320aic3x-codec.1-001b"

Previous Board
sysclk = 12MHz
.codec_name = "tlv320aic3x-codec.2-001b",

Both boards share the same machine is API (machine_is_am33xx()).

So, is there any mechanism/api to differentiate these 2 boards inside
Code?

Has anyone else faced such situation?

Regards,
Gururaja