[alsa-devel] Some questions related to ALSA based duplex audio processing

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Jan 29 21:31:02 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 08:19:45PM +0100, public-hk wrote:

> I have just started to develop a duplex audio processing application
> based on ALSA.
> My development goals are - of course - maximum stability as well as
> lowest possible delay (latency).

Have a look at the zita-alsa-pcmi library. It probably does all
you need - it takes care of the zillions of calls necessary to
initialise mmap access, and provides/accepts floating point audio
samples regardless of the soundcard's format. No documentation ATM
but the examples should get you going. It's C++, but using on the
class mechanism, no templates, dependency on C++ libriries etc.

<http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/downloads>

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.