[alsa-devel] ASoC davinci: playing mono sound doubles all samples on the i2s (pcm) bus except the first one

Jan Pohanka xhpohanka at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 12:31:53 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm working with a board with TI dm365 processor and using McBSP
pheripheral to send sound samples to a GSM module. The kernel version is
2.6.32.17 and the ASoC driver state is based on this commit
http://arago-project.org/git/projects/?p=linux-davinci.git;a=commit;h=a4c8ea2ddaed2f461606c2828b19786524b551ac

I have configured the hw interface to send two words in a frame on 8000Hz,
this is working fine. When playing mono waveforms I noticed that all
samples are doubled (it should be correct because snd_pcm_hardware has
SNDRV_PCM_INFO_INTERLEAVED flag) but except the first one, that is send
only once. This leads to a state when one sample in each frame is delayed.
Unfortunately I'm not an expert on ALSA and ASoC and I'm not sure whether
this problem rises in the core of ALSA or only in the driver for davinci
dm365 (probably somewhere in the dma handling).

Could please someone give me some hint where to find the source of the
problem? I hope I described the situation enough...

best regards
Jan

http://www.opera.com/mail/