[alsa-devel] soc-dsp programming model for loopbacks

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Wed Jan 25 18:28:41 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 05:13:07PM +0000, Liam Girdwood wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 17:11 +0000, Mark Brown wrote:

> > That's what the CODEC<->CODEC stuff is all about, hiding the link from
> > userspace.

> Ok, cool - Is the formatting and params hard coded ?

My implementations thus far have been able to infer these from the
capabilities of the devices they're connecting (one end of the link is
usually a device with a fixed configuration) and therefore not needed to
worry about this.  However this has always been the most painful bit of
the code so I'm probably going to make it hard coded or something.