[alsa-devel] ASoC updates for 3.4

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Jan 24 21:46:16 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 09:33:47PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> Yeah, my git is still 1.7.8.x and it doesn't seem to work well with

Oh, well.  I think it's the tag rather than the signed bit.

> the singed tag, so I pulled for-3.x branches now.

Trust me, you don't want to hear my singing :)

> I'm going to upgrade in this week sometime later.

I wouldn't worry, it's still not a full release I believe and it's not
exactly crtitical.  The only reason I'm trying it right now is because
I was setting up my new GPG smartcard Debian has packages already (but
do let me know when you have upgraded and I'll try again).

Actually, looking again I can generate a tag with the same name as the
branch quite happily - if I do that when requesting pulls then
everything should transparently do the right thing, older versions of
git will pick up the branch rather than the tag and newer ones will