[alsa-devel] Unable to see ADC output data with ADAV801

Wayne Tams wayne.tams at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:29:03 CET 2012

Hi,

I am attempting to add ADAV801 codec support to my 2.6.35 kernel to be
used with an ARM processor. I can see that there is a mainlined
adav80x.c driver that appears at kernel version 3.1, I have had a
quick look at back-porting the driver but this looks as though it
could get quite messy.

However, I did come across an older ADAV801 driver which looks a lot
simpler, but I cannot find it in previous mainlined kernel versions,
http://www.spinics.net/lists/alsa-devel/msg36465.html, so I thought I
would use this as a basis for my own driver.