[alsa-devel] MXS: How to configure SGTL5000 ASoC as master?

Lauri Hintsala lauri.hintsala at bluegiga.com
Tue Jan 10 07:19:36 CET 2012

Hi,

SGTL5000 ASoC is hard coded to be slave in sound/soc/mxs/mxs-sgtl5000.c.
In our HW design mclk of ASoC is sourced from external oscillator.
Because of our design ASoC should be configured as master. In that case
master clock of SAIF should be disabled.

Is there any plan to have configuration for mxs-sgtl5000 driver? What is
preferred way to solve this issue?

BR,
Lauri Hintsala

p.s. I resent this mail because I wasn't subscriber of alsa-devel
mailing list.