[alsa-devel] Not able to restart audio after hibernation

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Jan 9 06:53:58 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 08:46:45AM +0530, Shiraz Hashim wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 02:32:05AM +0800, Mark Brown wrote:

> > This suggests that you have a bug in your suspend and resume
> > implementation, possibly outside of this driver.

> The driver works absolutely fine in case of suspend to ram where the
> power domains (which includes the I2S controller) is switched off.

That doesn't mean everything is OK, for example the clock tree or DMA
controller might not be preserving state properly.

> As the soc-core.c misses hibernation call backs of dev_pm_ops, we were
> wondering whether it has been tested before on some other platform.

Not to my knowledge, but I don't see any reason why anything more than
the trivial implementation should really be needed except for the
general pointlessness of resuming after hibernating.