[alsa-devel] TI Davinci expert wanted McASP/ALSA

David Smith david at silentgpu.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 02:26:47 CET 2012

Hi,

I am beginning to start on an audio project for the TI DM8148/EVM.  I intend to

1). extend the current McASP/PCM drivers to support 4 transmit serializes to support four stereo pairs of 24-bit 96kHz in DIT mode
         - output on McASP2 (for 7.1 audio digital)

2). extend the current McASP/PCM drivers to support 4 transmit serializes to support four stereo pairs of 24-bit 96kHz in i2s mode
         - output on McASP2 (for 7.1 audio digital)

3). make relevant changes to EDMA etc.
4). make sure McASP2/3 hardware registers are set up correctly
5). add relevant support to a new ALSA driver and present McASP2 and McASP3 as two separate 7.1 capable sound cards.

I am looking for some help (paid or otherwise. Anyone interested?

David.