[alsa-devel] Not able to restart audio after hibernation

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Fri Jan 6 21:54:33 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 10:32 -0800, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 04:17:50PM +0530, Rajeev kumar wrote:
>
> > While going through the suspend/resume implementation in the alsa
> > framework, get to know that feature to support hibernation is
> > missing.
>
> Hibernation is not supported on ARM at all.  Is SPEAR not an ARM based
> platform?
It isn't?  Hibernate is supported on all systems to some level.  Essentially
the cpu is just halting all threads and saving state (cpu, memory, and device configs) to storage.

And I have a couple of arm development platforms here that would beg to
argue with this statement.

--
Tobin Davis

A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
		-- Ogden Nash