[alsa-devel] tlv32aic3x, rx-51, regulator

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Thu Jan 5 11:02:37 CET 2012

Hello,

the tlv320aic3x codec driver requests a number of supplies/regulators
(IOVDD, DVDD, AVDD, DRVDD), these seem mandatory for the codec driver to
operate and somehow tied to the rx51 platform

I want to use the tlv320aic3x codec driver with some other board where I
don't care about supplies/regulators -- how is this going to work? do I
need to have dummy supplies just to keep tlv320aic3x happy?

shouldn't the ai3x_supply_names be something that is optional and passed
in via platform_data?

regards, p.

--

Peter Meerwald