[alsa-devel] how to enumerate useful ALSA devices?

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Thu Jan 5 10:59:01 CET 2012

Andrew Eikum wrote:
>I tried experimenting with snd_device_name_hint().
I'm not sure Wine should enumerate these.  How can it tell the difference
so as to announce the correct channel mapping to applications?
E.g. 41 vs 50, both 5 channels? Ideally, that should be announced as
one device (as it really is), capable of supporting different formats,
with one preferred format (perhaps the one with most channels) that GetMixFormat uses.

OTOH, I find it important that Wine announces a device capable of more
than stereo if there's one in the system.

 Jörg Höhle