[alsa-devel] HDA intel, wired headset w/mic, jack mic detect

Kevin Hilman khilman at ti.com
Thu Feb 23 20:09:20 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to get a wired headset with a mic working on MacBookAir
running v3.0 (3.0.0-13-generic from Ubuntu to be precise.)

It has Intel HDA audio[1] and everything works fine, including the
built-in mic.  The only think I can't seem to get working is a headset
w/mic.

I know the HW for dynamic detect works because the mic is detected
dynamically under OSX.  Is there some setting I need to tweak in order
to enable the automatic mic detection?

Thanks for any pointers,

Kevin

[1] $ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                     HDA Intel PCH at 0xa0600000 irq 46