[alsa-devel] multiple, non-physically accesible, HDMI devices listed for Intel IbexPeak ALC269VB

Stephen Warren swarren at nvidia.com
Thu Feb 23 01:39:08 CET 2012

Andres Cimmarusti wrote at Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:02 PM:
> First of all, thank you for your feedback. It's been quite helpful / insightful
> > There are ways to configure pulseaudio to allow the user to select which
> > PCM device to use on a given sound card. David Henningsson made this work
> > for NVIDIA GPUs at least in Ubuntu, and I imagine the same technique
> > could be applied to Intel devices too.
>
> Mmm.. just in Ubuntu? was this work submitted upstream? It appears
> there are some related fixes shown in the Ubuntu pulseaudio changelog:

I think the following Ubuntu bug covers the patch:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/716371
See the patch in comment #2.

Hopefully David will chime in on upstreaming status etc.

The following might be interesting; at least some of it will apply to
non-NVIDIA graphics cards:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/gpu-hdmi-audio-document/gpu-hdmi-audio.html

--
nvpublic