[alsa-devel] 1ca3d59d5a3e762fb1c002bcd912914bc858b430 broke passthrough [Was: Re: ALSA 1.0.25 broke AC3 passthrough?]

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 11:34:45 CET 2012

Hi

On 15 February 2012 14:58, Pierre-Louis Bossart
<pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> This is surprising, the hardware folks at Intel confirmed the rounding
> to multiple of 128 bytes is not needed and this patch has been there for
> over 6 months now without generating any complaints. Can you get us more
> information on that case, and ask this user to see what happens by
> enabling this rounding again.

Seeing that 1.0.25 broke it for any nvidia user and not many people
have complained yet, my guess is that it's not much in use yet.

The default ALSA prealloc size is 64, with that value, the problem
isn't seen much.

Following the recommendation of the pulseaudio folks, he set the value
to 2048, with this value the user reported that it failed with mythtv.

I have asked him more details about his configuration... I'm hoping to
be able to pass that information on soon

I will also ask him if he can patch it to disable the rounding and if
that makes any differences to him.

Thanks
Jean-Yves