[alsa-devel] 1ca3d59d5a3e762fb1c002bcd912914bc858b430 broke passthrough [Was: Re: ALSA 1.0.25 broke AC3 passthrough?]

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 03:09:04 CET 2012

Hi

On 14 February 2012 00:34, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> The problem of Nvidia HDMI and the buffer-alignment was already fixed
> in the upstream code.  Nvidia HDMI is known to be broken with the
> arbitrary alignment, so it's disabled automatically.

Is the issue believed to be related to nvidia hdmi only ?

I just got the report from a user stating that he had issue playing
audio on his Dell Vostro 200, which is pure intel

> Maybe little people are actually using the released alsa-driver any
> longer.

If they are like me, to get the latest stable version of alsa, they go
to alsa-project.org and download whatever is there. Today that's
1.0.25 and IMHO, that bug is a massive blocker.. I hope it will be
updated soon.

Jean-Yves