[alsa-devel] 1ca3d59d5a3e762fb1c002bcd912914bc858b430 broke passthrough [Was: Re: ALSA 1.0.25 broke AC3 passthrough?]

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 14:44:53 CET 2012

Hi

On 13 February 2012 00:17, Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula at iki.fi> wrote:

> I'm not familiar enough with HDA to comment on the cause of the issue,
> but out of interest, does the hang really only happen with passthrough,
> i.e. (AES0 & 0x02) set, or does it happen with a PCM stream with the
> same parameters as well (and the application(s) just happen to set
> problematic ALSA parameters only in passthrough mode)?

Hi

To be honest, I don't really know for sure.

But I've only experienced it with digital passthrough.

If I disable passthrough, and force the decoding of the AC3 and
downmix it as stereo (so it would open the audio card with the same
parameters as with passthrough), then I do not see the hang

But I haven't looked into the details very carefully to make sure that
it is indeed the case.

I will try more tomorrow..