[alsa-devel] Regression 3.0 -> 3.1: no HDMI sound after suspend

Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe Mario.Holbe at TU-Ilmenau.DE
Fri Feb 10 19:32:56 CET 2012

Hello,

since kernel 3.1 playing sound through HDMI via pulseaudio stopped
working after suspend/resume on my Intel HDA (there is simply silence
after resume). Same for 3.2. This worked up to 3.0 and it still works
when I configure pulseaudio to play through Analog Stereo instead of
HDMI, hence I guess the issue is more connected to ALSA than to
pulseaudio.

A work-around is to induce pulseaudio to re-open the underlying audio
devices (`pasuspender true' does the trick).

Here is the alsa-info.sh output for kernels 3.0 and 3.1 (no significant
changes afaics):
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=67e9358c83963773f69905b12d7dba06c4c010ed
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=219dd70eee2160669f86c77c0585244b2decb5ef

Please let me know if I can provide further information.

Thanks for your work & best regards
   Mario
--
We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to
discuss it with the employees.