[alsa-devel] ALSA 1.0.25 broke AC3 passthrough?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:01:29 CET 2012

[Re-send to include distribution list]

On 7 February 2012 16:46, Stephen Warren <swarren at nvidia.com> wrote:

> Are you able to regress this to a smaller window? I did do some rework a
> while back on the HDA driver to support newer GeForce GPUs' audio HW
> better, and this potentially had impact on bitstream pass-through,
> although it seemed to work at the time. Commits were:

I'm not sure what you mean by regress to a smaller window.

I use a quite "oldish" version of nvidia drivers: 260.19.36 (though
same issue with latest 290.10).

At least one other mythtv user has reported the same problem with
1.0.25, not sure what his video/audio card is ...

> 384a48d ALSA: hda: HDMI: Support codecs with fewer cvts than pins
> 2def817 ALSA: hda: hdmi_eld_update_pcm_info: update a stream in place
> 3aaf898 ALSA: hda: Separate generic and non-generic implementations
> 74b654c ALSA: hda: Virtualize SPDIF out controls
> 7c93597 ALSA: hda: Allow multple SPDIF controls per codec

Do you want me to compile alsa back to those release and see if
anything makes any difference?

Can certainly do so...