[alsa-devel] Multiple channels mapping

Patrick Lai plai at codeaurora.org
Wed Feb 8 02:02:00 CET 2012

The DSP I am working on supports channel assignments similar to ALSA
route plug-in described in this link http://drona.csa.iisc.ernet.in
I am currently looking a way to pass channel/speaker mapping
information of PCM stream( i.c channel 0 -> Front Left speaker, channel
1 -> Front Right speaker) to ALSA driver. I looked at latest kernel
tree and don't think there is already provision for my purpose. Can
anyone confirm? If I were to improvise a way to pass channel/speaker
mapping information, should I follow the same approach similar to how
bits per sample and other hardware parameter is passed?