[alsa-devel] ASoC updates for 3.3

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Feb 6 12:15:51 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 12:13:16PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Mark Brown wrote:

> > The tag.  It's done this because I generated the request too soon after
> > pushing the tag so the tag wasn't on the server but the branch was and
> > it's not done the right thing with the error handling.

> Interesting.  So, git is too clever and gives the alternative
> automatically...?

Sort of - AIUI it just looks for something on the remote end that is at
the appropriate commit (which is what it's always done).  When the tag
support was added it should probably have been modified to check that if
a tag was specified to generate the pull request it's found the tag
rather than the commit.