[alsa-devel] Fwd: Low volume with Realtek ALC 883.

prasannatsmkumar prasannatsmkumar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 18:47:32 CET 2012

Hi ALSA / pulseaudio people,

Resending this as this mail was bounced by alsa devel list.

I am having a Realtek ALC 883 chip. The sound volume is very low
compared to what I hear in windows - I maintain same speaker volume
and play same audio. If I keep the volume as 10% in windows I have to
keep a volume of at least 25+% in Linux. Is there any way to improve
it? I have been seeing such a situation for past 4 or 5 years (from
Fedora 9 period till today). I have tried several distributions
(Fedora, Vector Linux, PC Linux OS, Ubuntu, Mint) and all have the
same behaviour. Currently I am running Ubuntu 11.10 with 3.5 kernel.

$cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.25.

Should I file a bug? If so in which component (kernel or pulseaudio)?

Thanks in advance,
PrasannaKumar