[alsa-devel] Fwd: Request for HW auto-recognition: HP Pavilion dv7 with STAC92xx

Nicolas Maître nimai at skynet.be
Mon Dec 17 15:02:19 CET 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 3:55 AM, Raymond Yau
<superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying remove PCI quirk and use auto to find out node 0x0f is the internal
> speaker
>
> - SND_PCI_QUIRK(PCI_VENDOR_ID_HP, 0x1659,
> - "HP", STAC_92HD83XXX_HP_cNB11_INTQUAD),

Not sure of what you expect of me, but anyway I've tried a kernel
without the quirk and here's the result:

original kernel, model=dv7-4000:
0x0a 0x03a12050
0x0b 0x0321201f
0x0c 0x40f000f0
0x0d 0x90170110
0x0e 0x40f000f0
0x0f 0x40f000f0
0x10 0x90170110
0x11 0xd5a30140
0x1f 0x40f000f0
0x20 0x40f000f0
1

kernel without quirk, model=auto:
0x0a 0x40f000f0
0x0b 0x0221101f
0x0c 0x02a11020
0x0d 0x40f000f0
0x0e 0x40f000f0
0x0f 0x92170110
0x10 0x40f000f0
0x11 0xd5a30130
0x1f 0x40f000f0
0x20 0x40f000f0
1

And I can see that 0x0f is the internal speaker (at least in hda-jack-retask)
The sound is only output on the 2 rear speakers (no front nor subwoofer).
So what now?

--
nimai