[alsa-devel] Fwd: Request for HW auto-recognition: HP Pavilion dv7 with STAC92xx

Nicolas Maître nimai at skynet.be
Sat Dec 15 23:31:57 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> So in this case you need to figure out the exact pin configurations on
> your machine.  hda_analyzer and hdajackretask programs would be a
> great help for that.

Well, I don't know how to do that efficiently. I have spent some time
trying to play with hda analyzer and hda-jack-retask but I think it
was just a waste of time.
I've used "speaker-test -c 6" as test for each change. Here are my
notes on my attempts to make something work by overriding the pins in
hda-jack-retask, in case is could be useful anyway:
I've realized it was probably not the good way to go when I've seen
that the fact that pulseaudio were running actually changed the

So, do you know some guide/howto I could follow to do something useful
with my issue?