[alsa-devel] Intel HD: ALC662 noise-bug on FitPC2i

Bent Bisballe Nyeng deva at aasimon.org
Wed Dec 12 19:30:58 CET 2012

On 12/12/12 15:51, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:45:46 +0100,
> Bent Bisballe Nyeng wrote:
>>
>> On 12/12/12 15:25, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>> Which sound backend are you using at all?  Does the problem appear if
>>> you run with -Dhw for arecord?
>>>
>>> If it's using dsnoop or PulseAudio, the accuracy of DMA position
>>> reporting plays a big role.  In that case, changing position_fix
>>> option cures often.
>>>
>>> Takashi
>>
>> There are no sound servers installed on the pc in question (it is a
>> 'lean' pc) so arecord should be using the hardware directly already.
>
> If you are using alsa-lib as is, it must be using dsnoop as default,
> which is pretty different from hw.
>

> Takashi

Running arecord with -Dhw did not solve the issue.

I played around with the buffer-size and have concluded that even with a
very large buffer the ticks are still present, precisely one tick per
buffer. This results in fever ticks with greater buffer sizes, but ticks
non-the-less.

Are there any special kernel parameters that I should set in order to
make audio smooth?

I attached my kernel config just in case.

Kind regards
Bent Bisballe Nyeng